The use of FAST friction control allows operators to deliver their drilling plans on time and on budget.
Friction is one of the most critical factors in the drilling industry, as it is recognised that more than 70% of the energy produced at surface can be lost to parasitic friction within the BHA and drill string. With the reduction in energy delivered comes reduced directional control and damaging vibration. This results in more costly time spent tripping in and out of the hole.
- Unique geometry and cross sectional features are built into the FAST inserts
- FAST materials validated independently in six industry standard rock types
- 55% reduction in friction variance compared with industry standard tungsten carbide
- Controllable friction coefficient's to suit applications
- Non-magnetic solution available
Benefits of Friction Control
- Controllable co-efficient of friction in the wellbore
- Decreased downhole vibrations
- Ability to maintain directional control
- Improved power delivery to the drilling system equals higher ROP
- Minimised damage to other high cost BHA components
- Fewer round trips
- Reduced re-dress charges passed on to customer