The technology employed on the FAST tool delivers more than 2,500 times the wear resistance compared to the standard tungsten carbide used in over 90% of WW O&G applications.
Abrasive wear of stabilisers, caused by interaction between the rock and stabiliser blade, is well documented as the major source of reduced drilling performance. Wear creates instability and this propagates into damaging vibration that subsequently leads to reduced directional performance, costly damage and/or failures to downhole equipment/tools and significantly more time spent tripping in and out of the hole.
- Uniquely manufactured diamond impregnated inserts
- Unparalleled wear characteristics
- The industry standard tungsten carbide wears at at an accelerated rate of one thousand times more than that experienced by the FAST advanced material technology
- This fresh technological approach provides the stabilisation needed in the 21st century
- Non-magnetic solution available
Benefits of Improved Wear Resistance
- Significantly longer tool life
- Reduced vibration initiation through the elimination of wear seen on industry standard equipment
- Improved directional performance
- Increased drilling efficiency
- Reduction in the number of round trips
- Significant time savings
- Reduced damage/failures to other high cost BHA components
- Reduced re-dress charges passed on to the customer